Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, September 22

God's grace of dance. . .

My daughter, Gia,  and I have been in this journey for almost 8 years now. I never thought we will be on this road for this long.

1st public show @ Rockwell
When Gia ( at 6 years old) said she wanted to take up ballet, I thought it was just one of those passing fancy of kids her age. You know, the thing where in, they loose interest after 8 sessions or after one summer. From about 12 kids in her ballet class at the start of the school year,  to just 3 by March, I remember Teacher Nida saying she would have easily stopped teaching but she could not because she saw the eagerness of the kids to learn.

Summer of 2007, Gia told me that she wanted to continue with ballet and that to try another school just for summer. After several researches, phone calls and consideration of finances and logistics,  we (Gia and I) decided to enroll her at the CCP Dance School. I remember her wanting to watch the company class at the Rehearsal Hall after we dropped by to enroll, and meeting her teacher for that summer instead.

Gia's 1st big stage show -- as a turtle :)
That summer was one of Gia's turning point. Her being promoted to the next level and her experience to dance on a big stage has boosted her love for ballet. She asked me if she can be enrolled for the school year at the CCPDS, even if it's just for Saturday classes.

It was a bumpy yet beautiful ride from then on for both of us. Gia went on to be a full scholar of the dance school. Performing a handful of roles and repertoire -- from classical ballet, modern ballet, contemporary ballet and Hip Hop.  She is still at it with gusto!



Meanwhile, I continue to be a supportive, loving and dependable PA (Personal Assistant) cum driver for her. (Of course, Yaya Rose should not be left out either. God bless her. ).  I decided to leave my corporate job, more than a year ago,  after realizing that the stress, the demands, the issues and even the compensation is not worth giving up the chance to see my daughter grow up and LIVE. I look back with no regrets because now, I know,  I am living a more purposeful Life.

 oh. . . and, I do not want to miss the chance to be a "stage mother".   ;)


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11 










2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzette! I got your link from the WAHM Facebook page and I'm so happy to come across your blog. :) I'm expecting a girl and plan to homeschool in the future--and I'd also love for my kid to take ballet lessons, too! :) I already followed your blog, will definitely be a frequent visitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dea! Thank you for following my blog. I just realized I have not opened the "follow" button until recently. hahaha

      I am excited for you!Take care and hope to meet you in one of the WAHM activities. :)

      Delete